BID vs. Non-BID Divisions
Each age group (except the 11s) will have a BID and Non-BID division. Bids for the GJNC National and American divisions are earned in the BID division of the Lone Star Regional Championships. The Non-BID division is for teams competing for the regional championship but do not wish to continue on to the GJNC. All BID divisions at the 2017 LSR Championships will be capped at 64 teams, please see below for more information regarding this recent change.
For more detailed information regarding the Lone Star Regional Championships policies and bid procedures please refer to the link below provided by the Lone Star Region. Please note LS Regional Championships will revert back to the original penalty for all BID divisions regarding a GJNC bid earned at the LSR.
Penalty for not using a GJNC bid earned at the LS Regional Championships
1) For all BID divisions (12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, & 18) – if a team chooses to play at the Lone Star Regional Championships and at the conclusion of the tournament does not accept the earned bid for the GJNC tournament -> all teams within the club will not be allowed to play in the LSR Championships BID division for the following tournament.
- This exclusion will be determined at the end of the LS Regionals and will not apply to teams offered a bid at a later date.
- BID divisions will play down to 10th place or further (dependent on trickle down)
- All teams will play both days
- Guaranteed 5 matches
- Work teams will be responsible for providing the R2
BID division Acceptance ProceduresAll BID divisions in the Lone Star Junior Regional Championships will be limited to a maximum of 64 teams. The 64 teams accepted into the BID division will be determined by Lone Star Region's Jr. Development Director's Seeding Committee. The Non-BID divisions will not be capped at 64, and all teams that register and complete the full registration requirements (payment and hotels) before the deadline will be accepted as space permits.
2017 Acceptance Procedure | 2017 Acceptance Procedure Diagram
The ranking for both LSR Championships Weekend 1 and 2 will be pulled on Tuesday, April 18.
How to become eligible for the BID division
Registration for all divisions opens October 1, 2016! If you would like to compete for a National or American bid you must register for the LSR BID division.
Entry form and payment of $495 must be turned into the tournament host by your division's registration deadline.
18s: January 26, 2017
12 BID, 13s–16s: March 26, 2017
11s, 12 Non-BID, 17s: March 31, 2017
All hotel requirements must be completed by your division's close deadline. (Outside 60 miles, must have 5 rooms)
18s: January 17, 2017
12 BID, 13s–16s: March 30, 2017
11s, 12 Non-BID, 17s: April 6, 2017
LSR BID division policy for teams with a bid to the 2017 GJNC
- Open bid
- A team with an Open bid may play up by one or two age groups in the Non-BID division.
- National or USA bid
- A team with a National or USA bid may play up by one age group in the Non-BID division. With approval from the region office, these teams may also play up by two age groups.
- American bid
- A team with an American bid may compete for a national bid in the BID division or play up by one age group in the Non-BID division.